Prose is words in their best order; poetry is the best words in the best order.
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Contests Deadline, December 1, 2021
There are two categories for the ReadSC Writing Contests - poetry and letters.
For the letters, the goal is to write to the author, explaining how their work changed your perspective about the world, or yourself.
The theme for the poetry competition will be how you wish to shape the world, the impact you wish to have and how you wish the world to be, no matter how big or small.
Students may enter in one of three levels: Level I for children in grades 4-6; Level II for grades 7 & 8; and Level III, grades 9–12.
In order to qualify for entry into this competition, the following criteria must be met:
- Student must live in South Carolina
- Files should be named as follows: AgeGroup_Lastname_Firstname (for example, 4-6_Doe_Jane)
- Only entries in PDF, DOC, and DOCX files formats are accepted
- Entries must be typed in Times New Roman, Arial, or Calibri font, size 12
- Entries may not contain profanity or graphic content
- All entries must be submitted online - the link will be available October 1, 2021
For any questions regarding the ReadSC Writing Contests, please contact Andersen Cook at 803-545-4432 at email@example.com.